REAL ESTATE DUE DILIGENCE
HG Cornerstone’s real estate due diligence services are tailored to fit the specific property, including unique aspects such as its location, history, current and anticipated use, and the investor’s strategy. The focus of real estate due diligence should center around the particular target property since every property is unique, but it should also include the depth and breadth necessary to examine all potential facts and issues that can affect the property, its potential, and the investor’s associated risk and potential liability.
OUR CUSTOM REAL ESTATE DUE DILIGENCE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- ASSESSMENTS OF BUILDINGS, STRUCTURES, & BUILDING SYSTEMS
- STRUCTURAL & FOUNDATIONS ISSUES
- DOCUMENTATION & RECORDS RESEARCH
- PROPERTY HISTORY RESEARCH
- DEMOGRAPHICS RESEARCH
- NEIGHBORHOOD CONVENIENCES PROXIMITY (SHOPPING, PUBLIC TRANSIT, ETC.)
- TRAFFIC COUNTS
- COORDINATION OF SITE ASSESSMENTS & LAND SURVEYS
- COORDINATION OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES TESTING
- APPROVALS, ZONING & ENTITLEMENTS REVIEW, RESEARCH & VERIFICATION
- WETLANDS, SHORELINE, WATERSHED, & FLOOD ZONE RESEARCH
- ENDANGERED SPECIES RESEARCH
- BROWNFIELDS RESEARCH
- UTILITIES, WELLS, SUB-METERING
- LEASES & ESTOPPELS, AND VENDOR CONTRACTS
- OPERATIONAL RESTRICTIONS
- DEED RESTRICTIONS
- TAX CREDITS & GRANTS
- HISTORICAL REGISTRATION, DISTRICTING & PRESERVATION RESTRICTIONS
- CODE & ADA COMPLIANCE
- SITE ACCESS, PARKING, AND DRAINAGE
- ATTACHED PROPERTY VERSUS PERSONAL PROPERTY
- EASEMENTS, TAXES, LIENS AND ASSESSMENTS (COORDINATION WITH TITLE COMPANY)
- UNPAID UTILITIES
- HIGHEST & BEST USE EVALUATIONS
- OTHER DUE DILIGENCE RESEARCH ITEMS
HG Cornerstone brings together almost 30 years of unique real estate experience. Our principal, Mr. Joel E. Breuer, with his prior experience working as an environmental engineer, a civil-construction engineer, a general engineering contractor, a real estate broker, and a forensic engineer/expert witness, has literally worked on every component of real estate development, investigation, construction, and multifamily transactions.
Based on the depth and breadth of Mr. Breuer’s engineering experience, coupled with his litigation support work in real estate development and construction legal matters, he goes well beyond the typical due diligence “checklist”. He understands the implications and consequences of missing critical information during the due diligence process.
Simply stated, he knows which questions to ask that others often miss. Once the challenges and issues associated with a target acquisition are fully identified and laid out, he has the unique ability to go one step further into developing and presenting market-proven solutions. Identified challenges can be eliminated, solved, or even turned into profitable opportunities for the developer.
Mr. Breuer’s hands-on due diligence experience includes:
- land surveys, topographical and building location surveys
- Phase I and II environmental site assessments
- wetlands, EIRs, noise/light, and conservation resource studies
- zoning, permits and entitlements verification and research
- flood and seismic zone research and documentation
- building code, ADA, and HUD compliance
- building condition evaluations and construction defects investigations
- traffic and utilities studies
- identification of site restrictions, rights-of-way, easements, and regulatory impacts
- value-add feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses
- insurance coverage requirements
- demographics and market studies, real estate valuations, cash-flow analyses, and pro-formas
- land development and adaptive re-use cost evaluations
Mr. Breuer has been involved in managing and consulting on some of the most technically challenging real estate transactions, building rehabilitation projects, planning and permitting issues, failed engineering/construction project work-outs, environmental cleanups, brownfields properties issues, structural/geotechnical issues, as well as construction and real estate litigation.
This is why Mr. Breuer has been a trusted advisor to such firms as Essex Realty Management, Inc., Stratus Real Estate, Inc., Lend Lease Real Estate Investments, Inc., Sares-Regis Group, Essex Property Trust, Simpson Property Group, LP, Pacific Development Partners, and Equity Residential, GE Capital, Chrysler Realty Corporation, Pep Boys, ARCO, Chevron, Square D & others. This is why we are confident that HG Cornerstone, LLC and Joel E. Breuer, P.E. will make an invaluable contribution to your real estate acquisitions and development team.
For further information or inquiries, please contact us at 617-575-2300 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.